8.24.2010

Al Dente!

I found a great new recipe today and we tried it out for supper...
Whole Wheat Penne with Roasted Tomatoes and Red Onion
It was truly delish, and so easy to make.

Here's what you'll need:
















Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta until it's al dente!  Meanwhile, rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes.

































Toss tomatoes and 1/2 of the onion cut up with 2 tsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Spread on a cookie sheet, then broil in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes just start to turn brown.























Once the pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and set aside.  Pull the roasted tomatoes and onions out of the oven.
















Toss the pasta with 2tsp. olive oil and 1 clove minced garlic or garlic powder.  Add in the tomatoes and onions, and 1T. oregano.  Add about 1/4 cup cooking water to moisten...more if needed.
















Serve in a bowl with a spoonful of ricotta cheese.  This dish tastes so good and is healthy and quick to make.























More editing experiments...ahh, I could do this for hours.  It's worse than Facebook!  Speaking of, I am taking a Facebook break for a couple days and I love it!  It has given me a lot more time to do other things and I sort of like being out of the loop for awhile.  I think everyone should take a break from Facebook once in awhile.

















Landon and I took an hour long walk tonight after supper...so nice.  I love this weather we're having and getting to spend some quality time with my boy.

Have a great evening!

Love,
Leah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails