8.04.2010

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow...



God is so good and we are so amazingly blessed by His love and faithfulness.

This week has been such a blessing to me. I was able to spend this week off of work with my favorite people in the whole world and share and laugh like I haven't for so long.
We shared some amazing time up at my sister Hannah's, which is always so relaxing and fun. We just hung out, read, had a fire, grilled, drank coffee, played guitar hero, wave runner fun, and talked.
I think talking is so important to me...I would rather talk with someone and have a conversation than sit and watch a movie together. Whenever my family is together, we have some pretty good conversation time. I love it so much...it makes me feel so close to others when I have meaningful dialogue with them.
So family was a blessing this week.

Then, Landon and I received some much anticipated and prayed for news that he is being hired as an employee for the company he's been at since October. Basically, Landon was hired through a temp agency to work for GPD (the engineering firm) back in October. So he was technically an employee of the temp agency, therefore not receiving paid holidays, vacation, or any benefits. GPD hires most of the temps on after they've worked for 6-10 months and brings them on as full benefit employees. So we got the news this week that GPD is hiring him on, and he'll start as their employee on Monday! The benefits package is amazing, he gets a much deserved pay raise, and Landon likes what he does and the people that he works with. We are so happy! I'm so proud of Landon because he has worked SO hard these past months. He puts in overtime every week, yet still comes home to spend quality time with me. I love him.
So job stuff was a blessing this week.

My heart is so full tonight...this has been such a wonderful past few days, yet I'm sad it's coming to an end. I had to drop my little brother Ezrah off at the airport tonight to fly back to Denver. We only see him about twice a year, and it was hard saying goodbye again. He's grown up so much, and he is such a kind and caring person...I love him so much. I took him out for sushi tonight, his favorite dish. I think Hannah took him out earlier this week too. :) But we had a good day together relaxing and bumming around Indy. I'll miss him.

But tomorrow I get to see Jonah! And we're all going to a Blitzen Trapper concert in Broad Ripple. What a fun evening that should be. I shall savor my time with him until he goes back to school in Texas.

So I guess this is long enough, but I just needed to write out how I'm so happy this week. God is so loving to us. I grew up thinking that God was this distant bearded man seated on a white marble throne. His eyes were hard and he would look down and judge us. But this is such a wrong view! I'm learning more and more that God is involved in each of our lives SO much! He cares about every part of us, every situation we're in, and every pain or trial we face. He is for us, not against us. And it's just things like this week that show me His love.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails