2.17.2011

Homemade bag...


























So this is what kept me busy all afternoon yesterday.  I found this sweet tote bag tutorial from Design*Sponge, and had to try it out!
This bag was actually pretty easy to make once I figured out the pattern...I'm horrible at measurements and patterns period, so it was a bit of a challenge to make sure I got it right.  The straps are a bit different than the pattern calls for too.  I actually used a belt I got from Goodwill for 99¢!  Landon was kind enough to help me get the grommets tightened up.  I think I'll look for a thinner belt next time, or just use fabric straps.
But now I have a great little bag for books, groceries, knitting, whatever!
Today I am going to knock out the rest of my book.  It's due at the library and they won't let me renew since there's such a big waiting list.  Sheesh.

xoxo
Leah

9 comments:

janie said...

GOOD JOB!

Natalie said...

Can't believe you made that, how cool! I love that you used a belt for a handle. Definitely want to try this!

everyone calls me bon bon said...

I've been meaning to make this bag too! It's on my to-do list of things to accomplish before my birthday. Great job! I need to get on it! xoxo

Cole said...

I love this bag! I must have missed the tutorial but you did a great job, I love the colors!

Kristen said...

I love it! Simple and classic!

the chirpy bird said...

You talented talented lady! I just love this! Well done!
xox tash

Katie said...

Oh, wow! Great job! It looks so professional!

Xo, Katie
Running On Happiness

Krystal said...

seriously? that is the coolest bag, I'm so impressed! If I had a sewing machine I would go make this RIGHT now.
And PS. I love that you want to visit Switzerland!! It's BEAUTIFUL. I wouldn't mind living in Germany because at least I would be able to understand them :) (versus swiss german) :)

Ashley said...

I am in awe. This bag is awesome, Leah! Great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails