3.15.2013

hello friday...

3.15.13-1

Well it's Friday, again.  We have had a busy week.  Last Friday, Finn had surgery on his thumb to release what's called "trigger thumb."  He was such a champ, and I was more concerned than he was.  He didn't cry when the nurse took him away, he bounced back pretty quickly afterwards, and he got a balloon, so he was happy the whole time. :)  They had to put him all the way under, and I was nervous about it, but he did great and his thumb is on it's way to being healed.

I've also been working on finishing a wedding job this week.  It's not just any wedding though, it is my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's wedding.  It's been so fun to look through all the photos of their day again and remember how fun (and hot) that day was.  It is so amazing to me how photos don't necessarily show the temperature of the day.  It was very hot the day they got married, but you wouldn't know it from looking through the photos.  Same with our wedding.  It was super cold that day, but it looks like the perfect fall weather when you flip through our album.

Gearing up for a nice weekend at home with my guys.  I've got a roast in the slow cooker, we're taking it easy tomorrow, and Sunday we are doing worship team at church.  We love being a part of the band on Sundays and I love getting to play my violin regularly.

I read this really good quote today in a parenting book I'm reading through.  It stuck out to me and I want to meditate on it all weekend, and beyond.  I feel like the concept is so true and yet so often overlooked.

"Love breeds happiness.  You really cannot have happiness without love." 
You and Your Child

I hope this weekend is great for you all.  Enjoy each moment.

1 comment:

k said...

i made a roast for the first time ever this weekend, isn't that so random! i felt like such an adult!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails