3.16.2011

a few healthy tidbits...

via
via
via


























































Landon and I have been trying to get more healthy lately.  It's not always easy, but we've tried to make some small changes and turn them into habits to work towards our goals.

We try to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week.  We don't kill ourselves on the treadmill or bike, instead we work on a full body weight lifting routine.  It's 30 minutes and since we do it together, the time goes by so fast.  Also, when one of us doesn't want to go, the other usually helps make it happen. :)

One thing I've started doing is more yoga.  All I use is a dvd with four 10 minute workouts and I'm already seeing results.  I feel better after yoga, my flexibility is increasing, and I visibly see toning happening.  If you don't like yoga, or don't like gyms, try doing simple weight lifting and toning exercises at home, or go on a brisk walk each day.

Another huge thing to work at is drinking more water.  It may not feel like a lot, but if you opt for a glass  of cold water rather than a pop, your body will thank you. You don't have to stop drinking everything else, just add water in a bit more to your daily routine.

When you snack, be a bit more thoughtful about what you're snacking on.  We have started to love munching on raw almonds.  They are delicious and filling, so after only a small handful, you won't be hungry for awhile.

The thing that helps us is knowing we're just working on small changes...not a lifestyle overhaul all at once.

What are your favorite ways to stay fit and healthy?

xo

4 comments:

Grace said...

I've been taking yoga and drinking more water lately, and I can really feel a difference. Here's to better health!

k said...

I was just telling this to someone else - but I feel like I matured overnight sometime last week on ways I eat. I don't know what happened but I want and crave water and healthy foods and I am making good choices. I hope it's not just a phase!!

Josie Beck said...

My snacking habits are what is KILLING ME! I need to work on those for sure. :/

Beej and I joined a gym ($10 a month!!!!) a couple months ago, and our routine sounds just like yours!!! We will mix it up and do the bikes or treadmills sometimes, but we are happy if we just make it there for 30 minutes for some weights! It is literally 2 minutes from our house....we have no excuse. And Mondays are free pizza nights! Kind of weird for a gym...haha.

My mom is a water NAZI! She drinks like 10 Nalgene bottles of water a day, and has pushed water on me my whole life. I refused to drink it for a couple years because she was so adament about it, and I was a teenager....haha. But it is crazy how important it is, and how much of a difference it makes. Usually when I think I'm hungry, it's because I haven't had my water!!!

Here's to healthier lifestyles! :)
Beej and I are going grocery shopping for the first time since January tonight...eeek! Hhaha. :)

Josie Beck said...

Oh, and I started doing Zumba with a friend at the local YMCA on Tuesday nights!!! SUPER fun way to get some exercise! I am hoping to start a ballet class up on Wednesday nights, too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails