3.18.2011

spring clean...

Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair,
And the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window,
His sweater's been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV,
And his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet,
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed,
And his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or--
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!
Shel Silverstein
Ok, so maybe my room doesn't look or sound this bad, but it's always a good idea for me to keep up on cleaning and tidying up.  The fact that the weather has turned warmer and the air feels fresh definitely helps.
Here's to spring cleaning!!
xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...but on fresh days like today I want to clean out the flower beds unearthing those plants/flowers popping through the dirt! I'll leave the inside cleaning for the "rain shower" days due next week, or after sunset if it gets really bad. hahaha So get out those flip flops and save the socks from the dirty laundry pile! Spring is springing! (((xxx))) coolmom84679

k said...

That was so cute! I miss the easy days where I just got to read Shel and ride my bike. and not worry about spring cleaning :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails