11.02.2012

November...
























I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, and how it's November already!  These last two months of the year are always packed full of gatherings and things to do, which makes them so much fun.  Soon, we will be surrounded by family, enjoying homemade traditional dishes, and talking and laughing and joking with one another.

We are very excited for a week long trip with some of my family and Landon's whole family to the Poconos during Thanksgiving week.  It just seems right to be in a wooded, cool, mountainous area to celebrate with family during the fall.  We are anticipating a lot of hiking and possibly some snow.  Finn will be turning a year old that week, and I'm so thankful he will be surrounded by those who love him on his big day.

He is getting bigger every day it seems.  He is now crawling all over the place, pulling up, and today I let him stand alone and he lasted for a few seconds.  Walking is in the near future I feel.  He is also signing and communicating a lot more.  Oh, and eating like a 5 year old. Seriously, this kid can put away more than me at some meals.  Today for his snack, he ate an entire ripe banana, and a 1/2 cup of greek yogurt....for his snack.  I don't know where he's putting it all.

I started taking some yoga classes and they are intense!  I went last week and the hour and a half class nearly did me in.  And I thought I was flexible....
But it's a great class, very relaxing and challenging, and something I'd like to keep doing.

This time last year, I had all of my Christmas shopping done, wrapped, and put in bags.  I was anticipating Finn's arrival and wanted everything in place.  This year, I have exactly one gift purchased.   Oh well, we aren't doing very many this year, so it shouldn't be too bad.  Landon and I will probably make a date out of the shopping we have left.

Landon is still very busy at work.  He is also a great dad to Finn and gives him his bath every night.  I love listening to them during that time.  Guys' time for sure.  Landon's birthday is next week, and I got him something special this year...an experience!  I can't say yet in case he reads this, but I'm super excited to give it to him!

For now, we are enjoying this beautiful weather.  Landon made hot spiced cider last night and it really topped off the evening.  Hope your evenings are just as nice!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails