6.07.2010

Update



I can't believe it's already the second week of June! This year has just flown by. I know people always say that, but it really has gone by so quickly. I thought I'd just give a quick update on what Landon and I have been doing here in Indy.

Landon is still working as a Structural Engineer and is loving what he does. He has been busy ever since we've moved here with constant jobs to work on. He gets overwhelmed sometimes, but is such a great problem-solver that he is able to work through anything that comes his way. He has gotten a lot of positive affirmation from co-workers and the boss man, which has been so encouraging to him and me as well. I'm so happy that my husband is doing what he loves and what he went to school for. God has blessed us so much with this job.

I am working as a nanny for a family in our area. I've been a nanny for 8 years, and this is the most challenging position I've had so far. The biggest thing is communication with the mother. Our personalities are so different that I've had some really awkward moments at work. I was able to talk with her though and things are going so much better. I got my schedule changed from 1-8pm to 10-5pm now, and it is so nice to come home and spend an evening with Landon. But this is such a good job, the family is so generous, and I love the kids. I may have gotten to go mini-golfing three times in one week which isn't a normal on the job activity. :) Fun!! I've been working on art projects and some small sewing projects in between work as well....oh Etsy, I'm coming I promise! :) Work has put me behind a bit, but slowly and surely it will become a reality for me.

We have been going to a small church plant since March and feel so much at home. Landon and I are both from very small congregations, so mega churches don't have much of a draw for us. But this is a group of about 50 believers that just come together and worship and love. It was so refreshing to meet such genuine people...I'm so tired of people who put up a fake front because I can see through them so quickly. Our church is amazing and we feel God's presence so strongly there. I've especially loved taking communion every Sunday because Landon and I share it as a couple and Landon prays over us before we partake. It is one of the highlights of my week!! God is so amazing to us.

Since we're both working, we don't have a lot of free time, but we've started running together again after work. We have some long range running goals, and I'm so glad to have a partner to share them with. Landon mapped out a route for us that we run every night. We also have gotten to enjoy exploring our area and finding new things to do. We have been taking a lot of weekend trips too....visiting family and friends mostly. And we're excited to take a family vacation with Landon's family this summer, and we're working on another trip that we'll be taking with Hannah and Jon...but the destination is a surprise right now, details later. :)

Well this is long enough I guess. Just wanted to give an update. We're going for a run, then making supper and I'm making granola tonight.
Hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy this beautiful weather! Do something crazy this week!

Cheers,

Leah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails