1.04.2011

leah vs. the organizationator

via










via
























via























One of my goals this new year is to get super organized and have in our home only the things that we really need.  A problem with this is that I tend to buy things on a whim and don't stop to think if it will really come in useful in our small space.  My dream is to have a simple, functional, small home, with thoughtfully placed decor and belongings.

My in-laws got me the book Organized Simplicity for Christmas, and it is already proving a worthy read with tons of wonderful examples of how to get organized.  I think it's going to be more of a lifestyle change rather than a bunch of items on a list I need to check through.

I also found this great article on Apartment Therapy's Re-Nest section which gives some good advice on how to buy only what you need.  (It's pretty much like a motivational speech to a soldier before heading off into the battle of the materialistic war-zone....ok maybe not that drastic, but it's a real pump up!)

What are your favorite tricks to staying organized, or how do you determine what to get rid of?
That's the hardest part for me....getting rid of stuff.  I am such a clinger.

Here's to hoping I can get organized and breathe a little easier.

xo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails